When the first teaser trailer for the upcoming Star Wars movie was released back in November, the excitement for the long awaited sequel trilogy sparked, and finally after many months of waiting, debating and anticipating, details of the second trailer have been leaked…and here’s what you can expect!
First of all, huge thanks to our friends over at MakingStarWars for getting the scoop! The guys did some great work as usual! You should definately check out their site if you want more info about the new movie
The new trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens is set to debut on April 16th at Star Wars Celebration, an annual convention held in Anaheim, California. Among this years guests are many of the saga’s stars (old and new), as well as director JJ Abrams who will be kicking off the event in ‘a big way’. This will be live simulcast to all areas in the convention centre as well as select cinemas around the would. It is here where the trailer is most likely to be premiered.
BEWARE….IF YOU’RE WANTING TO AVOID SPOILERS THEN SCROLL NO FURTHER!
Okay, so you want to know what’s going to be included?! Well let’s get the introductions out of the way first! We all know who Han Solo, Princess Leia, R2-D2 and C-3PO are, but here’s the NEW cast as seen in November’s teaser…
So here’s what details have been leaked so far. Baring in mind that these details are not complete and not in order, however they offer a tantalizing glimpse as to what we can expect:
- The teaser runs at about one minute and fifty seconds, just under two minutes.
- Han, Leia, R2-D2 and C-3PO.
- A crashed Star Destroyer on the sand planet.
- We do see Yavin in the teaser.
- We see a shot of Finn with a blue lightsaber.
- There is a shot of Captain Phasma (an as yet unseen character played by Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie), the chrome Stormtrooper, very briefly.
- We do see Kylo Ren’s helmeted face.
- We see Poe Dameron shoot down a TIE fighter.
- A shot of Finn and Poe walking past one another at the base.
- Rey is in a few shots, looking at TIE Fighters overhead.
- There is a shot of Poe Dameron, R2-D2, C-3PO, and a CGI character known (so far) as Rose.
- BB-8 socketed in the back of an X-wing.
- Kylo Ren’s Imperial shuttle flies by with TIE escorts to the Star Destroyer.
- Star Destroyer(s).
- The Falcon.
- X-wing fighters flying in a V-shape formation.
- Darth Vader’s (burned) helmet sitting on a podium.
Interestingly there is NO Luke Skywalker. It is thought that Luke makes only a brief appearance in the movie, (a cameo, if you will), so JJ Abrams is not wanting to spoil his final reveal in the movie by including him in any promotional material. Good move – I like it!
So that’s about it! Let us know what you think about the run-down of the new trailer, what you’re excited about and what direction you think the saga is going to go in!
And now we play the waiting game. But to tide you over, here’s the first teaser which provided our very first insight into the first instalment of the upcoming Star Wars trilogy.